The Junior Naturalist Passport tent will be found next to the Information Booth. Completed passports can be redeemed at the Nature Store in the Exhibits Building.
To promote awareness of nature and the refuges, Migration Celebration started the Junior Naturalist Passport for children in 2010. On Saturday and Sunday, Junior Naturalist candidates pick up a passport (booklet) near the Information Booth. Many different activities are listed in the passport along with questions about the activity. You visit a number of the activities, answer the questions asked in the passport, and have your passport stamped at each activity. After completing a certain number of the activities, you take the stamped passport to the Friends of the Brazoria Wildlife Refuges Nature Store in the Exhibits Building to receive a free prize.
This fun and educational activity that also helps guide you to many of the things going on. So, be sure to pick up a passport for the kids and a site map when you arrive.
Our Junior Naturalist Pledge is:
- I will stay on the paths and trails in the refuge.
- I will not litter. I will pick up any trash I see and leave the refuge cleaner than when I arrived.
- I will not feed, chase, or scare birds or other animals.
- I will not pick wildflowers, break off limbs, peel bark off trees, or harm any plants.
- I will talk to my friends and family and encourage them to protect the refuge with me.
Pick it up here...
...and redeem it here to get your prize!